Sunday, November 4, 2007

Strange appetite

As you can tell, I like to eat!
I work for a Korean company, and we recently had a sales meeting / dinner at a Korean restaurant on the north side of Atlanta. I love a Korean dinner, because they bring out dozens of different side dishes (some of which you need someone to identify for you).
I love to try different foods. If I travel somewhere, I always taste test the local foods and libations. A few examples and where I had them:
* Ox-lip salad (Austria), shaved ox lips on top of greens
* Sweetbreads (Austria and Germany), various internal body parts
* Black pudding / blood sausage (England), level 2 on the gag meter
* Haggis (Scotland), animal potpourri sausage, numero uno on the gag meter
* Pig's brains and eggs (Richmond, VA), at a roadside diner at 2AM
* Horse (Montreal), made as a hamburger (sweet)
* Sushi (everywhere), I love sushi!
* Cooked octopus (Korea), the bigger the tentacles, the harder the chew!
* Live octopus (Suwon, Korea), only one small piece was enough!
* River eel (Korea and US), cooked only!
Reminds me of the Indiana Jones movie, with the chilled monkey brains!
If I make it to China, I want to eat at one of the infamous snake restaurants in Shanghai. Another possibility will be fillet of canine, in remote parts of Korea.
Still hungry ??

No comments: